CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breakdown and Analysis: Four Padres prospects traded for Yu Darvish
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Dec 29, 2020, 10:48 AM

We knew this offseason would be an interesting one for the Cubs as they have come to a crossroads as a franchise. With so many of their start players approaching free agency and a team desperate to get under the luxury tax, moves had to be made. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breakdown and Analysis: Four Padres prospects traded for Yu Darvish

Dec 29, 2020, 11:08 AM

I think you summed it up quite nicely by saying this is a deal that be advantage San Diego until maybe 4 or 5 years down the road when these kids we received mature. Can we trade Ricketts for the San Diego owners?

Dec 29, 2020, 11:24 AM

Trade Ricketts for Jon Lester

Dec 29, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Breakdown and Analysis: Four Padres prospects traded for Yu Darvish ]

I have said this for years now Ken. Tom Ricketts is showing that he doesnt care about winning. He is so wealthy and is so cheap for his wealth. He only cares about making a profit and not about the product he puts on the field. You cannot operate like that if you want to run a sports team and he is finding that out first hand right now. Luxury tax or not this was a stupid deal. Darvish is a bargain compared to most starters and now San Diego instantly has the best rotation in baseball while the Cubs may have the worst.

Dec 30, 2020, 7:42 PM

Darvish will not have another good year in his lifetime. Caratini would be out of baseball if Darvish didn't save him last year.

As a fan I want the Cubs to be around for the long haul. No business can sustain another financial season like teams did this past year. The players have proven they are not going to win a WS so why waste money on this version of the team?

Get rid of everyone and build a new core that will sustain winning. I have a news flash for fans, this team will not be good in 2021. Start dealing with that reality now.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic